Peace Education training
Building on our commitment at the European Scout Conference to promote and strengthen peace education for young people in Europe, we are happy to announce this call for participants for a training opportunity on Peace Education in Scouting held in Riga, Latvia, from 21 to 26 March 2023.
The training is the first one of its kind within the European Scout Region, aiming to gather experts on the range of topics that fall under the umbrella of peace education, and together learn how to bridge Scouting with the challenges facing youth today.
Scouts have always been active in peace building. The last year in particular, we witnessed a strong commitment from Scouts in their frontline support for those fleeing Ukraine. The NSOs of Romania, Hungary, Slovakia, Czechia, Poland, Lithuania, Latvia, Moldova and Ukraine joined forces with UNICEF to ensure a stronger humanitarian response, supported by the European and Eurasia Scout Regions.
Registration and endorsement
Registrations are only considered upon full completion of this form by 20 February 2023 at 23.59 pm CET.
All participants will require an endorsement letter from their International Commissioner in order to participate in this event. This letter is required in order to complete the form above.
What are the costs and fees for participation?
- The participation fee for the training is EUR 50 per person. Details will be arranged after a confirmation of the candidate is received by the International Commissioner.
- Travel support will be available of up to EUR 200 per participant thanks to the UAct Project in partnership with UNICEF.
- Participants will book their own transportation in advance and keep the invoice and boarding passes for reimbursement.
- Accommodation and meals are fully covered by the project from 21-26 March 2023.
- Any extra nights of accommodation required by the participant will be at the participant’s own cost.
Note: Participants are expected to arrive on 21 March and depart on the afternoon of 26 March 2023.