The role of the Internet in the Development of Scout Training
The Arab Scout Regional Office is organizing the "Course on the Development of Training Methods and Promotion of Trainers' Skills" which lasts from 1/7 to 7/7/2011 in Cairo International Scout Center.
In spite of the prevailing circumstances in the Arab Arena, 9 Arab Countries are represented in the Course namely; Jordan, Algeria, Saudi Arabia, Oman, Kuwait, Lebanon, Egypt, Morocco and Yemen.
The program included some important topics which assist in the use of the best and most up-dated training methods to enhance scout leaders' skills and competencies. These topics comprise the following:
- Creative thinking skills.
- Determination of training requirements.
- Experience exchange on the most effective use of training methods and tools.
- Development of leadership qualification schemes for various missions.
- Use of logical hierarchy in adopting a training program.
- Application of remote training in scouting.
- Trainer's personality (creativity – tongue and body language).
- How to prepare the training bag and acquire trainer's skills.
- How to attract others' attention and gain individuals' appreciation.
- Encouragement, problem solving and decision making.
- Fulfillment of needs and evaluation of training impact.