0 Service hours
Rotorm.com (https://rotorm.com/) - tactical gear & survival equipment - product reviews, "how to" guides, useful survival tips.
Our mission is to help you survive emergencies — from everyday stuff like car accidents to natural disasters and big SHTF things like societal collapse or war.
We’re obsessed with creating well researched and practical guides and reviews of the best methods and gear so that you can get prepared without too much time or stress – or worse, learning and buying the wrong things.
Rotorm.com – Best Survival Products / Best Tactical Products
• We don’t publish new stuff every day. We focus on quality instead of quantity.
• We believe in honest, well-built content that gets you what you need quickly and correctly so you don’t have to weed through junk.
• We update our articles over time. Sometimes we publish starter articles and fill them out later.
• We believe in Sane Prepping, a mental framework for how to get prepared. Prepping should be rational, practical, and cost effective.
• We believe everyone can and should be prepared, regardless of politics or creed. You won’t see politically charged rhetoric here. All are welcome.
• We believe being self-sufficient and prepared is logical and responsible. We don’t believe in fear mongering and propaganda. It’s unlikely zombies will eat your face tomorrow but it is possible you’ll see a car accident or a natural disaster.
• We’re proud to be preppers and believe that sharing the responsibility and fun of prepping makes us all stronger.
Survival & Tactical Tips
One of the synonyms of the word “tactical” is “prudent”. Many people mistakenly believe that tactical equipment is made exclusively for military or paramilitary operations. In fact, tactical things can be carried with you in case of any unforeseen situations that may occur along the way.
Speaking of tactical things, we do not mean objects for intimidating bad guys, we mean things that are designed to survive in extreme situations, for example, during natural disasters.
The difference between the things that you carry daily with yourself and tactical items depends on what exactly you associate with survival in everyday life. You must be prepared for the fact that tactical items are heavier than ordinary things, because they are designed for more serious situations than ordinary everyday needs.
The survival kit for extreme conditions includes the necessary list of tools that come in handy in extreme conditions. Despite the fact that the number of items in each set varies, the knife is the main component of any equipment. Usually, a folding tool or multi-tool credit card is placed in the kit to save space.
After all, another distinguishing feature of the equipment is compactness. Most sets have small dimensions, so they can easily be placed in a hiking backpack or a large jacket pocket.
Best Review Articles:
Survivalist / Prepper - a movement (subculture) uniting people who are actively preparing for such emergency situations that they expect, such as:
• natural disasters;
• technological disasters;
• crises associated with blackouts, shortages of food, water, etc;
• or even more catastrophic events: such as war (including nuclear), the collision of a large celestial body with the Earth, the eruption of a supervolcano and the subsequent long-term volcanic winter, global warming, zombie apocalypse - which, according to the survivors, can put an end to existence human civilization and for which you need to prepare in advance.
Survive alone in the wild, dig a bunker in case of a nuclear explosion or repel an attack during a zombie apocalypse - these people are preparing for completely different extreme situations. Who are the survivors, what do they expect and what can be expected from them?
Variety of species
Rescue scenarios and training directions also vary. Some believe that the most correct thing is to go into the woods and survive in nature; others are sure that only in cities there is a chance not to die. Someone is in favor of unification, and someone is sure that only loners will be saved. There are radicals who read: no later than the day after tomorrow the apocalypse happens, everyone will die, and only they will be able to escape in their "paranoid nest" by firing off a zombie from a shotgun and eating a supply of stew that even a state reserve would envy.
Some survivists master the available military and engineering technologies and purchase devices - for example, filters that turn the contents of a dirty puddle into drinking water.
The “toys” of the survivists are very expensive. Some companies offer underground facilities for a comfortable family life without going to the surface for several years.
Other survivors, on the contrary, consider the main thing to be the ability to do with a minimal set of tools and rely on their skills, knowledge and intuition. Among them there are authorities and legendary personalities, one of the most popular is Briton Bear Grylls, the hero of the popular show “Survive at Any Cost”.
So some perceive survivism as an opportunity to disconnect from the office routine and test their strength, but for others it becomes almost the meaning of life.
#rotorm #survival #tactical #military #gear #equipment #best