My Tent .... Your Tent (phase 2)
Lebanese Scout Federation (LSF) in close cooperation with the Arab Scout Regional Office has implemented one of a very important and significant MoP project titled "My Tent …. Your Tent", the evet which was implemented in 2 phases on local community and sub- national levels aimed at empowering Syrian refuges' families to survive in hot conflict situations.
The named event scheduled a program which included different relevant activities in trying to support Syrian refugees' families who were affected by the war in their home to be able to survive in the difficult circumstances they face.
Among the activities which the program scheduled were the distribution of tents, blankets, mattresses, 1 box of food stuffs, etc.., in trying to give a hand of help to the Syrian families who displaced from their home because of the War, which was from one hand.
On the other hand, organizing scouting & training activities to provide psychological support in the recreational of youth and kids through the different educational scouting activities framed in the relevant program as well as training them on different scouting and life skills. In this regard, we can notice that the project has significant and positive changes to the targeted beneficiaries number of them as follows:
• Supporting Syrian refuges' families to be able to face the difficult circumstances they face.
• Organizing scouting activities for kids provided them with the needed psychological support they need.
• Empowering adults to help people in need.
• Empowering Syrian refuges' families to survive in hot situations.
• Increase the number of adults to plan and organize special activities for youth and kids
• Spreading the scouting values among kids and youth which will help in sustaining the project.
Number of the strengthening points which supported the named project positively were:
• Leaders and scouts are available in the LSF.
• Scout leaders have sufficient experience to meet hot situations.