Round table on ICT in Scouting and Guiding - deadline extended to 15 November 2012.
The Round Table on ICT and Membership systems will bring together National Scouting Organisations and Membership Organisations to share best practices on ICT and membership systems. The focus will be on presentations about defining, building and maintaining ICT systems that support the organisations in administrative tasks and in communication with their members.
- Promoting exchanges of experiences, information, best practices and success stories among the participating organisations
- Exchange experience with hosted or service based systems (SaaS)
- Use of Open Source and scouting ICT ecosystem as a whole
- The relevance of Mobile apps for today’s generation of Scouts and Guides
- Discuss the impact of Membership registration systems on the strategy of NSO/NSAs
- Discuss the method by which ICT systems could be used to identify target groups where Scouting or Guiding can be made more relevant
- Discuss the possibilities of extracting statistical data from NSO/NSA membership registration systems and combining it with other data sources to create new knowledge about members
- Debate the use of ICT as a tool to involve young people in the decision making process
- Present the concept of a common data format for statistical analysis
- Improving and fostering relationships between the participating organisations, facilitating the creation of new and/or the strengthening of already existing relationships – informal network/resource directory
- Membership administration
- Communication with members
- Use of Social Media
- Event management
- E-learning systems
- Your presence on the Internet (websites, security, privacy)
- Suggested follow up by participants and their associations
- Participants should be able to feed their experience into the ICT developments of their association.
- Project leaders of and front runners in ICT projects for scouting and guiding.
- Everybody who is involved in the ICT of his/her National Scouting Organization or Membership Organization on strategical and/or technical level.
- It is expected that participants are ready to contribute by presenting/discussing the systems in use by their organisation.
- The official language of the event is English and all documents will be in English
There are no updates for this event