Chief Volunteers Event 2012
Volunteers in the lead’ aims to provide a space for Chief Volunteers and young volunteers to meet, to network, and to share good practice and ideas both within and between the two groups. This event is supported by the Youth in Action Programme of the European Union.
- To create a safe and respectful atmosphere to allow for a maximum of exchange and learning between the Chief volunteers and young volunteers;
- Increase networking between colleagues working in the field of youth;
- To provide structured space and time for the exchange of experiences and opinions, and the exchange of best practices;
- To share information and experiences about project management for youth activities and the current situation in their respective countries;
- To provide the training in a way (methodology, materials,…) that there is a high transfer ratio of knowledge and motivation once the participants return to their home;
- To contribute to an overall raise of quality, impact and visibility of international youth activities, e.g. in the Youth in Action Programme;
This event is open to Chief Volunteers accompanied by one youth member aged 18-25Further useful information
The meeting will be hosted at the national headquarters of the Lëtzebuerger Guiden a Scouten which only recently opened and offers clean and modern Scout like (small dorms) sleeping and washing facilities and a large amount of modern meeting rooms. We will offer single and mixed sex dorms. Please bring your sleeping bag.
a) Countries who signed the partnership agreement
Staying at the venue is free of charge; this also counts for food (Friday lunch to Sunday lunch) and program. You will be able to sleep for free at the venue from Friday 30 March onwards until
Sunday 1 April 2012 included.
Please bring a small budget for private expense in EURO.
Travel expenses will be refunded for up to 70% via the « youth in action » funds upon delivery of boarding tickets and respective invoices
Please book early to keep travel costs low (only economy class and 2nd class train tickets), this increases the number of journeys we can finance.
b) Countries who did not sign a partnership agreement
If you have signed no partnership agreement the contribution is fixed at 75€ per person (without your travel fees). This includes the accommodation (in dorms at the Scout centre),
food (Friday lunch to Sunday lunch) and program. You will be able to sleep for free at the venue from Friday 30 March onwards until Sunday 1 April 2012 included.
People needing single rooms have to arrange their booking at a hotel near the city centre or the venue like Hotel Coqueor Hotel Parc Belle-Vue. Costs are at your charge.
Lodging costs at a hotel can be subsidized with up to 50€ for 2 nights.
Participants will receive detailed information about transfers to the Scout Centre from Luxembourg Airport or main railway station after registration.
The venue is well linked with the local bus services.
There are no updates for this event