Shape the Changes, Advocacy for Youth Rights
Following the excellent news that the Council of Europe Directorate for Youth and Sport has given its financial support to WOSM to organise a Study Session on advocacy, we are now in a position to open a call for participants among all the eligible National Scout Organisations.
Study sessions of the Council of Europe are activities held in co-operation with non-governmental and governmental youth partners reflecting the principles of co-management and partnership with young people and their organisations that are at the heart of the youth policy of the Council of Europe. The aim is to equip the participants with competences to create and manage effective advocacy strategies for their organization and groups and in different contexts – local, national, European.
The Study Session will focus on the following objectives:
- To develop with the participants a sound understanding of advocacy
- To enable participants to acquire competences in advocacy planning and management
- To acquire a sound understanding of youth participation, youth rights and youth policy
- To benefit from an intercultural European learning environment
- To empower participants to develop and follow up action plans on advocacy
- To learn about the Council of Europe, its youth department and available support as well as EU related support
The working methods used will be based and focus on a participatory approach, using the principles of non-formal education
There are no updates for this event