Elected voting members of the World Scout Committee for the 2021-2024 Triennium
I am pleased to share the outcomes for the election of candidates nominated for the 2021-2024 term of the World Scout Committee (WSC) which was held during the 42nd World Scout Conference.
There was a total of 25 candidates put forward by Member Organizations for election from all Regions and which represented the diversity of the Scout Movement. From those candidates, 12 individuals (listed below in alphabetical order) were elected as Voting Members of the WSC on 27 August 2021:
- Mr Mehdi Ben Khelil, Tunisia
- Mr Edward Andrew “Andy” Chapman, United States of America
- Mr Mori Chi-Kin Cheng, Hong Kong
- Mr Wayne Adrian Davis, Ethiopia
- Mr Jo Deman, Belgium
- Ms Nika Gorovska, Ukraine
- Ms Pia Melin Graasbøll, Denmark
- Ms Sarah Rita Kattan, Lebanon
- Mr Eun Gui Kim, Republic of Korea
- Ms Daiana Neil, Argentina
- Ms Christine “Chrissy” Pollithy, Germany
- Mr Juan Reig, Spain
During the first WSC meeting on 28 August 2021, the following three individuals were appointed as Officers for the 2021-2024 Triennium:
- Mr Edward Andrew “Andy” Chapman, Chairperson, United States of America
- Ms Sarah Rita Kattan, Vice-Chairperson, Lebanon
- Mr Jo Deman, Vice-Chairperson, Belgium
In accordance with WOSM’s constitutional provisions, the WSC’s mandate starts upon the closure of the 42nd World Scout Conference and will finish at the closure of the 43rd World Scout Conference.
We would like to express our sincere appreciation to all candidates who ran for election, as well as each nominating Member Organization, for their willingness to contribute to WOSM’s governance.
The World Scouting Directory and relevant Scout.org web pages have been updated to provide the relevant contact details and information of all WSC members.
Yours in Scouting,
World Organization of the Scout Movement