APR Workshop on Communications and Media 2021
We are very pleased to inform you that the Asia-Pacific Region is organizing the APR Workshop on Communications and Media through online platform on 29-31 July 2021.
At this time of restricted mobility and forced isolation, more than 1.2 billion in 186 countries are affected by school closures due to the pandemic (World Economic Forum report). The Scout Movement is greatly affected however National Scout organizations were quick to adapt to the situation. In the past months, numerous virtual events and community service activities emerged, including online learning and networking at national and local levels of Scouting.
This clearly shows that communication is vital to staying connected. Therefore, it is important more than ever to communicate by sharing information, interacting and networking to keep the spirit of Scouting alive.
Aim of this Workshop
This workshop aims to provide an overview of how the pandemic is changing the way we communicate, what are the communication options for staying connected as a Movement, and how to keep members engaged in Scouting.
Objectives of the Workshop
1. To provide creative approaches for content creation and digital options to share Scouting stories.
3. To share how NSOs use media for educational campaigns, advocacy, and for strengthening the voice of youth
2. To learn from NSO Scout Media Units about their practices on “virtual Scouting” and networking.
We request National Scout Organizations to promote this event to their:
• NSO Communications and media managers
• Volunteers or full-time staff handling public relations, internal communications, and social media in their NSO
• NSO Scout Media Units
• Members of Global Scouting Communications Network and appointed APR Correspondents
• MoP Coordinators
• Ticket to Life Coordinators
Speakers for this workshop is a mix of professionals and regional volunteers who are media practitioners, as well as young people managing their own Scout Media Units in selected NSOs.
Please promote this event to your members and invite them to register at bit.ly/aprworkshopcm
We truly appreciate your support.