Invitation to update appointment of national Scout Donation Platform administrators
A few weeks ago, the Scouts Emergency Response Fund to COVID-19 raised $122,110 USD through the Scout Donation Platform! Thank you to National Scout Organizations (NSOs) which contributed to this success by sharing the message of our campaign to support local Scouting initiatives in response to the global COVID-19 pandemic. Since then, we have seen a peak in the number of projects submitted on our platform by Scouts around the world. These Scouts are keen to start their own fundraising and make their projects happen. However, many of these projects are still pending approval by their corresponding NSOs.
NSOs that have not yet appointed a national Scout Donation Platform administrator, or that would like to update the contact details of their current administrator, should do so by updating the World Scouting Directory[i]. The person appointed to be the national Scout Donation Platform administrator needs to have an account on scout.org in order to have this administrator role assigned on the platform. The Scout Donation Platform support team will follow up with administrator directly to provide platform access and further support.
The responsibilities of the national Scout Donation Platform administrator include:
- verifying the identity of the project owners, ensuring they are members of their NSO,
- reviewing the content of proposed projects from their NSO before publishing them on the platform,
- approving the scope and funding of the project, and monitoring its implementation on behalf of the NSO,
- facilitating communication on project-related matters, including getting updates and reports as well as supporting the development of the projects,
- promoting the Scout Donation Platform in their NSO, including promoting digital campaigns launched by World Scouting.
Should you have any questions related to the platform or how to update the appointment on the World Scouting Directory, please contact the Scout Donation Platform support team by emailing Luis Aguayo (firstname.lastname@example.org), Junior Manager, Membership Services at the World Scout Bureau.
Yours in Scouting,
World Organization of the Scout Movement
[i] The World Scouting Directory is part of the recently launched WOSM Members Portal (see Circular 20/2020) which is WOSM’s official reference for contact information of national official appointees of NSOs. Information about the Directory, as well as how you can create or edit your own NSO’s contacts, can be found here.