The Messengers of Golden Ribbon
Messengers of Golden Ribbon’ is the project of MOP Team Bangladesh.
On 3rd June 2017, this initiative of Bangladesh Scouts starts its journey teamed up with the Pediatric Oncology Department of Bangabandhu Sheikh Mujib Medical University.
*6 Rovers take an orientation from the Pediatric and Oncology Dept of BSMMU.
*Now There are 32 Volunteers in Six (6) working team in this project. These volunteers are spending 2-3 hours a day, 3 days a week with the children who are suffering from Cancer.
*In this project we established a positive image of Bangladesh scouts & our social activities. In this social service, we highlight to create awareness about one of this important worldwide health issue. Through this project, we inspire our local MoP network how they also take a community project on social issues.
The action of this project
• Pediatric oncology support group will spend time with each and every 31 patients of the ward to decreases their feelings of isolation, reduce their trauma and anxiety of the disease and the treatment.
• For their recreation, they will play, draw and read from storybooks.
• If their physical condition permits volunteers to take them to play zone and play with them.
• Counseling presents in indoor & outdoor the hospital to aware of maintaining hygiene, especially after the chemotherapy & create awareness in the local community.
•Aware to keep the Cancer Ward neat and clean every time.
• To give new dresses, toys, crayons, and other drawing materials occasionally.
• Some time Support for Collecting Blood for the patients who need a regular supply.
Impact of peace action through this project
• When MoP Bangladesh give a proposal of Hospital authority to work with them. They welcome us & they trained all the volunteers in this regard. Now this project is part of this hospital which is coordinated by the head of six team coordinators.
• Bangladesh Scouts has taken this project to render service to the community & humanity by involving youths. Through this project, Rover volunteers can learn about the value of life, trained to counsel & talk about social issues, learn how to teamwork & how to build up leadership, involvement in social activities & spread the messenger of peace.
• The project aims are to fulfill and achieving the goals and missions through the scout method with efficiency and effectiveness that we are committed to.
• Through this project, we Educate and prepare patients for medical procedures. For example to prepare them to overcome the fear of having injections. Our counseling helps the children deal with phobias about having cancer treatments.
• The project will execute more programs to create public awareness about cancer, to live and cope with the complex and varied impacts of cancer.
•This project we are to deal with patient's emotions making the journey a little easier, giving them the hope of the 'Golden Future'.
• Through this project, we inspire other volunteer intuition of our country how they also take a community project.
Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/GoldenRibbonBDscouts/