1ST WEEK EXPERIENCE OF ON-THE-JOB-TRAINING FOR NSO EXECUTIVES
The World Organization of the Scout Movement, Africa Support Centre invited five (5) Africa NSO Executives for the 2019 On-the-Job-Training Programme. The training started on the 17th of June 2019 at the Africa Regional Support Centre – Rowallan Scout Camp, Nairobi, Kenya and is expected to end on the 5th of July, 2019.
It also recorded in attendance the following participants:
- Jean-Marie – National Executive Coordinator, Burundi, National Scout Organization
- Solomon Etim – National Executive Commissioner, Nigeria National Scout Organization
- Jean NYAWOUE – Chief Executive Commissioner – Cameroun National Scout Organization
- Franck RAMANARIVO – International Commissioner, Madagascar National Scout Organization
- Mohammed Ibrahim – Chief Commissioner, Comoros National Scout Organization
- Charity Pinayame – General Assistant to the Executive Commissioner, Botswana Natioanal Scout Organization
The following subjects / topics amongst others were treated during the first week of the training:
- Youth Program
- Scouts for SDG’s
- Organizational Development
- Scouting Mission
- Vision for Scouting 2023
- The Strategic Priorities
- Strategic Planning and Development Processes
- Global Support Assessment Tools (GSAT)
- WOSM Services
- Constitution and Processes
- Events Management
- Project Management
- Messengers of Peace
- Better World Framework
Panel and Interactive discussions, power-point presentations, experience sharing as well as real life case studies were methods adopted in delivering the sessions during the training.
A tour around the camp site, friendly exchange between office staffs and OJT participants, a trilling environmental and climatic change enhanced the training experience, while extra-curricular activities like food preparations, group tasks, and leisure time activities by participant enhanced their bonding experience.
The training promises an ample opportunity for great changes to be effected in the various NSOs and the Region in general at the end of the training.