Abhijan 2018, An Awareness Rally
A historic and unique Social Awareness Rally named Abhijan 2018 organized by the Rovers & Rangers of Bargaon ITI, in which 24 Rovers & 24 Rangers along with Principal, Rover Leader & Ranger Leader traveled all the 30 Districts of Odisha in 36 days (approximately 3400 KM.).
The aims and objectives of the Rally is to create consciousness and awareness among the people of Odisha on –
1. Voluntary Blood Donation - "Donate your Blood for a reason, let the reason to be life".
Blood is the most precious gift that anyone can give to another person. Every second someone in the world needs blood. Blood can't be prepared in factories. It can only be given by blood donors. Blood donation is one of the noble causes, it helps not only the person who receives it but those also who donates it.
A blood donation occurs when a person voluntarily has blood drawn and use for transfusions. Voluntarily blood donors are a must for a safe blood supply so that a mother giving birth, an accident victim, a girl suffering from life there after anemia, a baby with dengue fever or a father facing open heart surgery may be timely helped.
2. Road Safety – Road safety is the safety of people from road side injuries and accidents. It involves various methods and measures which must be followed by the road users to prevent serious injury and accidents.Road safety is a safety measure to reduce the risk of road accidents and road side injury because of the mistakes of people while driving on the road. We cannot count the daily road side accidents and death of people because of the driving mistakes and lack of road traffic rules followers. Every person going on the road has risk of injury or death. Such as pedestrians, motorists, cyclists, passengers, etc.
Everyone needs to be well aware of the road traffic rules especially children and young people who are at significant road accident risks. Road safety is very necessary while being on the road and must know by all because road accidents are the leading cause of death. Everyone should learn the road traffic and safety rules at a very early age to perform safer behaviors in the later life.
3. National Integration – There is immense importance of national integration in India. Integration means combination of parts into a whole. India is a country consisting of a number of regions. If the regions remain united there will be no problem.
4. Environment Protection – There is a great need to conserve and protect the environment to develop forests and to conserve the wildlife. There is great need to motivate the industries through incentives to be responsive to environmental protection measures. Environment education and awareness must be accorded top priority.
5. Diabetic Free Society - The 'Diabetes' is the disease of metabolism. It is caused due to the deficiency of hormone insulin and results from the imbalance of the endocrine glands. There occurs accumulation of sugar in the blood beyond the level that the kidneys can retain and this leads to passing of sugar in urine along with the minerals and water soluble vitamins. There is starvation of body tissue which results in rapid utilization of proteins and fats of the body, and consequent loss of weight.
During this journey, the Rovers & Rangers not only met the Peoples, Students and other Scouts & Guides of the State, interacted with different Groups, Clubs, and Social Workers regarding the noble project. They have also organized Voluntary Blood Donation Camps with the help of Red Cross Society, aware people in the road about Road Safety by getting co-operation from the Transport Department. Also they planted trees in all the district of Odisha and spreaded awareness of Diabetic Free Society, Environment Protection and National Integration by doing Cultural Program and Street Plays.
Distribution of Souvenir, Leaflet and Public Addressing System were the parts of the event. Involving so many leaders, bureaucrats and volunteer groups made the program more beautiful and innovative.