Advocacy on Gender Mainstreaming and Empowerment of Women
I advocated on Gender mainstreaming activities during the planning phase to every responsible persons in Gewogs and Dzongkhag starting June 18, 2018. Further, i advocated on the following vital points:
1. Domestic Violence and Prevention Act (DVPA) of Bhutan
2. Important provisions of Penal Code of Bhutan
3. Conflict of Child (CICL)
4. Sexual Harassment and the systems instituted in Dzongkhag to tackle the same. In this topic, i mentioned that the complaint form can be downloaded from www.tsirang.gov.bt and accordingly file the complaint to me.
5. The free toll service to help the women in difficult circumstances, and child in difficult circumstance.
6. Requirement of internal frameworks including separate toilets for male and female, and a sanitary bin for female in every female toilets.
7. Importance of maintaining friendly relations with the neighbors and community among others.
This advocacy campaign was held in most rural hung and the town areas alike.