Jamboree-On-The-Air and Jamboree-On-The-Internet (JOTA-JOTI) are official international twin events of the World Organization of the Scout Movement (WOSM). They are youth programme events intended for young people in Scouting of all ages.
The purpose of JOTA-JOTI is to enable and encourage Scouts around the world to communicate with one another by means of amateur radio and the internet, providing a fun and educational Scouting experience and promoting their sense of belonging to a worldwide Scout Movement.
At world level, JOTA-JOTI is coordinated by a World JOTA-JOTI Team (WJJT), led by a World JOTA-JOTI Coordinator (WJJC). The WJJT reports to the World Scout Committee and is supported by the World Scout Bureau.
JOTA-JOTI related activities take place simultaneously all around the world each year during the third weekend in October. The programme of JOTA-JOTI consists both of activities developed at world level and initiatives developed at local and national level, supported by National JOTA-JOTI Coordinators and their respective teams.
• JOTA-JOTI is a fun and exciting experience for young people in Scouting.
• JOTA-JOTI seeks to promote quality Scouting in a manner faithful to the purpose, principles and method of Scouting and consistent with the needs and aspirations of young people in today’s world.
• JOTA-JOTI strives for a meaningful engagement of as many young people from as many parts of the world as possible.
• JOTA-JOTI is an occasion to celebrate Scouting and to generate positive energy to support the development of the Scout Movement
• To promote Scouts’ sense of belonging to the worldwide Scout Movement.
• To promote peace, cultural awareness, tolerance, sharing, collaboration and to encourage good deeds and active citizenship.
• To provide opportunities for the development of teamwork and leadership skills through patrol-based activities.
• To provide exciting opportunities for young people to explore technology and to develop technical skills.
• To promote innovation and creativity.
Hence, all zonal youth committee members are expected to participate to enable you give report at the next forum at Burkina...
president zonal forum...