DR HAJI MOHD AZLAN BIN HAJI AB JALIL
National Commissioner (Strategic Planning & Audit Quality),
National Membership Growth Coordinator & Chairman, GSAT Committee, Scouts Association of Malaysia,
has lead this seminar by presenting the current membership data of Persekutuan Pengakap Malaysia and also the goals set to achieve higher amount of members.
BRANDING, MARKETING & PROMOTION
1. Developing Promotional Materials (audio, video, posters, etc. to increase the visibility of Scouting)
2. Online Presence - PPM needs to increase their online presence by improving the website and making active social media accounts on platforms such as Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
3. Content Marketing - PPM can also utilize online and offline publications such as newspapers and magazines to increase Scouting’s visibility in the public eye
4. Video Material - To further engage the youth in an interesting and exciting way, PPM can create videos as promotional, educational and awareness materials.
5. Official Printable Promotional Materials - PPM can design and produce official printable promotional materials such (as brochures and posters) and publish it on their website. Unit Leaders that wish to use the materials can print the materials out themselves and use it during their recruitment drives.
6. Awareness Program on Scouting (To attract young people, convince parents and institutional heads, etc.)
7. Giving Scouting an Ambassador - PPM needs a face familiar to all Malaysians and make that person/celebrity an ambassador of PPM.
8. Showcasing Successful Scouts - All parents want their children to be successful in the future. By highlighting Scouts who have made it big in their careers, parents will be more inclined to encourage and support their children to pursue Scouting. PPM needs to compile and promote a list ofsuccessful people who have backgrounds in Scouting.
9. Collaboration with Big Organizations and Brands to increase Scouting’s visibility, PPM can collaborate with large-scale brands and organizations like the United Nations, MERCY Malaysia, Coca-Cola, etc. for activities and programs.