2017 World Water Day ,WSEP & MoP in Taiwan!
The main topic of 2017 World Water Day is “Wastewater”. Because of the shortage and the unequally distribution of usable water worldwide, the need of educating children and teenagers for protecting/well-treating water source is indispensable. Hsinchu City Sun-Fun Scouts Group, a community-based scout group, will take a real action and have a green conservation campaign on the World Water Day (March 19, 2017). Giving “green” back to the earth by planting trees is the most environmental friendly way. The topic of the World Water Day campaign is “wastewater- production, prevention, investigation, and recycling”. More than 100 scouts and volunteers will participate this program, and more than 100 native trees will be planted at that day to achieve the goal of “one scout one tree”.
Water reuse and water recycle to reduce wastewater production played an important role for water resource management. The 2017 World Water Day campaign will be held at an abandoned agricultural field. Five themes of water-related program, “water droplet”, “water pollution”, “water purification”, “water quality”, and “outdoor ethics” will be conducted at this agricultural field. The objectives of this program are:
1) Scouts will know how important fresh water source to human; to make scouts aware of efficiently water usage for the further.
2) Scouts will learn knowledges of wastewater treatment, wastewater quality evaluation, and water recycling; in addition, to realize the impact of water pollution to ecosystem.
3) Scouts will understand and recognize the native trees of Taiwan, in particular the types commonly distribute in school, community, parks and villages.
4) Scouts will learn that how planting trees help the earth to reduce the carbon dioxide from the atmosphere; scouts will know why planting trees play the important role in the earth.
5) Scouts will learn from practice to plant trees, to take good care of trees, and to treasure the livings in their lives.
6) Scouts will know how the abandoned field is activated by planting trees and vegetables.