Your free overnights may only be three clicks away: KISC launches its #waitingforwinter_kisc photo contest 2016
Are you still commiserating the end of the European Summer and the splendid Autumn season that followed? Then look ahead: Winter is coming! And so is the International Winter Rover Week at Kandersteg International Scout Centre (KISC) in the heart of the Swiss Alps.
Anyway, the Pinkies (the international volunteer staff supporting the running of KISC) cannot wait for the snow to transform the idyllic Kander Valley into #winterwonderland!
“This year we have decided to launch a photo contest”, says Katarina, KISC’s PR and Marketing Assistant, “We want Scouts around the world to share their best images showing how they spend the time waiting for the winter in anticipation of the exciting winter adventures they are planning, and not just those lucky Scouts out there who are getting ready to join us in Kandersteg for the International Winter Rover Week 2016.”
To participate in the #waitingforwinter_kisc photo contest is quite easy. And yes: if you are lucky enough, trendy exclusive KISC products or your free overnights at the Permanent Mini Jamboree in Switzerland are just three clicks away! These are the prizes the best three entries in the photo contest will receive.
Here is what you need to do:
- Take a few pictures of how you or your fellow Scouts are #waitingforwinter_kisc (and the International Winter Rover Week 2016).
- Post the best picture on Instagram or Facebook using the hashtag #waitingforwinter_kisc
- Share your post with your friends and collect as many “likes” as you can
- Wait for the jury to select the short list and win your free overnights in Kandersteg or some trendy KISC goodies!
The KISC Photo Contest 2016 Rules (as communicated by KISC in their call published on Facebook on 27 October 2016):
- Only one picture per contestant
- The competition expires on 11 November 2016 at 23h59 hours
- Anyone can participate, not only participants registered for the International Winter Rover Week 2016
- The picture needs to be posted on Facebook or Instagram
- The hashtag #waitingforwinter_kisc must be included in the post
- The post has to be open for everyone to see (be “public”)
- A jury consisting of KISC staff will select the top three entries from the short list of the ten most “liked” images submitted (the top five from Facebook and the top five from Instagram)
- The winners will be announced on 13 November 2016
- KISC reserves the rights to monitor and remove pictures from the competition if they go against the Scout Law and Scout values
- By entering the #waitingforwinter_kisc photo contest, you give KISC the right to share your picture on its social media platforms and to use it for public relations and marketing purposes linked to the International Winter Rover Week 2016
So, what are you waiting for? Grab your camera and take your pictures!