6th Eurasia Scout Conference
The 6th Eurasia Scout Conference was held 5-9 October 2016 in Yerevan, Armenia. Main theme – Intergenerational Dialogue.
It was attended by 126 participants from 26 countries – 37 representatives of NSOs of the Eurasia Scout Region and 90 participants as volunteers and observers. Hosted by the Armenian National Scout Organisation – “HASK”, the Conference was officially opened by representative Government of Armenia.
The Eurasia Scout Conference is the governing body, the "general assembly" of Scouting, and is composed of all the members of the Eurasia Region: the National Scout Organizations.
Its function is to consider the policy and standards of the Scout Movement throughout the Eurasia, formulate the general policy of the WOSM, and take the action, required to further purpose of the Movement.
There can only be one NSO per country at the Conference. Member-Organizations can be represented at the Eurasia Scout Conferences by a maximum of six delegates.
The Conference meets every three years and observers, authorized by their National Scout Organization, are also eligible to register and attend the event. Delegations usually include International Commissioners, the scout responsible for relations with WOSM and with Scout Organizations in other countries.
One of the functions of the Conference is to elect members of the Eurasia Scout Committee, admit new member countries, and select the venues for forthcoming Eurasia Scout Events, namely the Eurasia Scout Jamboree, the Eurasia Scout Conference and the Eurasia Scout Youth Forum.
There were held 8 Plenary Sessions of the Conference:
• Presentation of the World, Regional and International Scout Events;
• Presentation of the Eurasia Vision/Strategy 2022.
• world level break-out session:
I – Vision 2023 and How to reach 100 million
II – Measuring social impact in Scouting
III – Innovative decision-making in NSOs
IV – Youth Engagement
V – Duty to God
• Election of new members of the Eurasia Scout Committee
• Adoption of the Conference Resolutions
Also, there was a group work on the Eurasia Vision 2022, as well as Strategic priorities.
Here you can download all materials of 6th Eurasia Scout Conference:
• Agenda English/Agenda Russian
• Rules of procedure (Russian)
• Strategic plan and actions for 2016-2019 (English) / Strategic plan and actions for 2016-2019 (Russian)
• Eurasia Scout Region Constitution
• Eurasia Regional Policy - Conflict of interest (Russian)
• Resolutions (English) / Resolution (Russian)
Also, you can see all photos on event Facebook album