From August 31 to September 2, 33 participants representing eight National Scout Organizations (NSOs) of the Interamerican Scout Region met at Iztarú Camp School, of the Association of Guides and Scouts of Costa Rica, to carry out the Regional Seminar Educational of Methods 2012.
João Armando Gonçalves, member of the World Scout Committee, and delegate to the area of Educational Methods, attended the event and there he shared with the audience the strategic vision of the World Organization of the Scout Movement in the areas of Youth Programme and Adults in Scouting.
For three days, participants in the area of Youth Programme worked hard in obtaining the following products:
• Answers to questions generating consensus on the definition of the Regional Policy Youth Programme.
• Functions and features of the leader in charge of facilitating the Youth Programme.
• Summary table of the problems in the implementation of the Youth Programme in NSOs in Interamerican Region.
• Problems and advantages of the methodologies of Youth Programme based on fixed and variable content.
• Format to report successful experiences in the implementation of the Youth Programme.
We thank all participants for their great spirit of collaboration to build the Youth ProgrammeAu that our countries need.