Hope, Believe & Cure Childhood cancer
Scout as a messenger of peace , A Social Action Project is currently taking place in Bangladesh, as an active citizens. Here One scout , four rover, One young leader & Five local community ACTIVE CITIZEN youth group member are helping children at the BSMMU hospital in Dhaka who suffer from leukemia cancer.
The project, For a bit of SMILE:Hope, Believe & Cure Childhood cancer, has been taking place since 7th May, 2015 and the volunteers are help in a number of ways:
1) We visit the hospital weekly where we entertain the children through games and drawing. We also help to decorate their rooms and drop off gifts as it’s our aim to keep the children smiling.
2) Raise public awareness of child cancer through seminars, events & distributing cancer syndrome leaflet so that hopefully it can be treated and prevented at a much earlier stage.
Till now we aware 400 parents. There are 350 CUB SCOUTS parents.
3) Counsel the parents of the affected children regarding hygiene and diet.
4) Work as interpreters for Canadian and UK teams that are working in the child cancer unit of the hospital.
We also attend every cancer day awareness rally with BSMMU hospital. Yearly two time we give toys, color books etc to children. Last year in International Peace Day we give them toys.
Messengers of peace, Bangladesh coordinator supports us in this project. Our plan of six month project time is over. We don’t want to stop our voluntary work for these purposes. Some social organizations also support us by their financial contribution.
In the future we want to support more (its depends on Financial support & our financial ability) -
1. Financial assistance to child cancer patients, who are financially insolvent to continue their kid’s treatment or help them to buying camo medicine,
2. Gifts cloths (may be two times a year)
3. Give toys to children & decorate their word (yearly 2/3 times or any special occasion)
4. Counseling more parents and makes the children's play room more user-friendly.