Celebrating Founders Day 2016
Celebrating the Legacy of a Great Idea.
To communicate, basing on Baden Powell’s legacy, the idea that “nothing is impossible for those who are prepared to play their part in creating a better world” in order to make people understand and reflect on who Baden Powell was and his vision when he founded the Scout movement.
• Remind Scouts of the upcoming Founder’s Day and its significance;
• Invite Scouts to watch and reflect on BP’s life and develop commitment to build their own legacy;
• Share stories, facts and quotes by and about BP;
• Share special messages by leaders of World Scouting;
• Provide opportunity for Scouts to share photos, cards and videos of BP birthday celebration events that they organize.
• Peace building and dialogue training
• Blood donation
• Community service projects
• Environmental Conservation activities like cleanups and tree planting
• Supporting the less fortunate (Children living in especially difficult circumstances or the elderly)
• Child rights education
• Creating awareness on different societal issues, etc.
Telling Your Story
We have many open channels through which you can share with Scouts around the world what you are doing to mark this day. The primary channel in on our website scout.org where we have a dedicated page (www.scout.org/bp) to celebrate our founder. If you have not signed up yet please visit www.scout.org/register, create a profile and start sharing.
You can also post on your social media platforms using the hash-tag #HappyBirthdayBP. We also invite you to like our Facebook page (Scouting in the Africa Region) or tweet us @ScoutingAfrica. You may also send stories and photos of your activities to firstname.lastname@example.org. We shall then compile all stories, photos and videos and share them on www.scout.org/africa
Wishing You a Happy and Successful Africa Scout Day!
There are no updates for this event