National level Peer Educators Workshop on Swachh Bharat Sundar Bharat Service Camp During Nabakalebar Car Festival at Puri, Odisha State from 15th July 2015 to 29th July 2015. Some More Activity Photos
Rare Opportunity to See Nabakalebara Rath Yatra in 2015
2015 is a great year for Lord Jagannath devotees as they are going to witness the rare Nabakalebara RathYATRA , which almost comes in every twelve years. We all are lucky enough to see this special celebration on 18th July 2015 in the holy city of Puri, Odisha. In this special year, along with new chariot, new idols of Lord Jagannath, Balabhadra, Subhadra and Sudashan are also come in front of every devotee.
The new idols of Lords are prepared through special Margo trees which should fulfil the entire extraordinary requirement to be a part of Devine power. Here are the steps which should be followed by Hindu rituals before preparing new deities.
• The search party for the holy Margo trees should be of 1 member of the Pati Mahapatra family, 20 Dayitapatis, 1 Lenka, 9 Maharanas, 16 Brahmanas, 3 Deulakaranas, 30 Police officers and 2 police inspectors.
• The search function will start after Lord Jagannath's blessings and after the midday meal offering to the deities.
• The procession starts from temple to near Puri Kings' palace to seek his permission.
• Then the procession continues to the gardens of the temple known as Jagannath-Ballabha then from there within two days the team prepares all their arrangements to start their journey towards Kakatpur.
• Because it is a belief that only Goddess Bimala or Mangala can only say about the exact location of the holy trees. It is auspicious to stay there before starting their search mission. The Dayitapati will get dream about the different locations of all four deities.
• It is true that on the exact location there should be so many Margo trees, but the team has to choose the specific marking and feature based symptoms on those trees.
• After getting the trees a great holy sacrifice is performed by inviting all the Gods and Goddess to give their blessings at that auspicious time.
• The auspicious time actually allows cutting procedure of the holy trees. The Pati Mahapatra will touch the trees with golden axe, the Dayitapati will touch it with a silver axe and the maharana family will touch it with iron axe. At the time of cutting the trees 108 names of God will be chanted.
• The tree logs will arrive to Puri temple through wooden cart secretively.
• Nobody is allowed to go to see the sculptures for 21 days. The carpenters close the main door and work whole day and night there.
• The ceremony will take place three days before the car festival. After buring the old deities the new deities are come in front of their devotees on the Rath
Ashok Kumar Mohapatra
Assist Director, NER & Leader Of The Camp