Inter-Regional Agora 2012
You might have heard about the yearly European Agoras, youth events gathering two European Rover representatives from each NSA to talk about rovering, project management, youth empowerment and involvement in decision-making, mentoring, etc. Today, this event becomes an amazing opportunity to strengthen inter-regional exchanges and launch new dynamics within the Agora itself thanks to a greater inter-cultural dimension.
Building on the experience acquired during the past five years, Agora is moving forward and transforming itself to become Inter-Regional!
By the end of the Agora, the participants will have:
- an increased capacity to actively participate in the life of society.
- experienced the diversity of participation between regions.
- received the necessary concepts and tools to disseminate the results in the sending organizations.
- gained more motivation to improve rovering in their own country (crew, local, national levels...).
- acquired knowledge about international rover opportunities as well as about rovering in other countries (best practices and practical experiences).
- developed a concrete and detailed plan for a future rover event.
- the capacity to explain what rovering is to a non-rover person and what it means to them.
- the possibility to benefit from an international organized network of Agorians.
Suggested follow up by participants and their associations
- Encourage the members of the last age section to broaden their understanding of Europe and the World and, above all, of other young people’s lives
- Develop leadership, organizational and planning skills in an international context and use this concrete opportunity to develop the idea of “citizen of the world”
- Follow-up this inspiration with projects and initiatives in this age range, led by the young people
- Participants should be members of the last age section (aged 16-22) and be motivated.
- Agora being held in English, the participants will be expected to understand and communicate well in English.
- The main goal of an agora is to empower its participants. In order to appreciate the full potential of Agora, the representatives should be motivated and wish to organize rover events. The Inter-Regional Agora 2012 is not addressed only to rovers that have experience in participating in international fora; we would like to present this empowering opportunity to all motivated ones!
- Once accepted, the NSA should provide them with sufficient knowledge of the Rover Programme in their own country.
- Each NSA should consider the best ways in which the experience accumulated during the event could be used for the benefit of the programme for the Rover section in the country.
There are no updates for this event