Africa Scout Day 2012: “Educate. Transform. Develop.”
In 2012 we will celebrate the Africa Scout Day inLuanda, the Angolan capital.
The theme: “Educate. Transform. Develop.”
Venue: The event will be held at the beautiful DREAM SPACE in Luanda.
Date: from 09 to 11 March 2012.
- African NSOs: 3 Scouts and 1 Leader per NSO
- World Scout Committee, Africa Scout Committee, World Scout Bureau
- Angolan Scouts: 5 Scouts and 1 Leader per province
13th March is a day that was set aside by the Council of Ministers of the Organization of African Unity, OAU – a predecessor of the African Union (AU) – Resolution MC/Res. 1607 (LXII) during its 62nd Ordinary Session in Addis Ababa in Ethiopia on 21st – 23rd June 1995. This was in recognition of the role of Scouting in educating Africa's youth.
Modules of activities
1. Opening and closing ceremonies
2. Educational Game: Breaking barriers by Partnerships
3. National Fair
4. Community Action
5. Roundtable on the theme: Educate, Transform and Develop
6. Visits and outdoor activities around the city
7. Festival of The People’s Authenticity: participants are invited to present the wealth of the diversity, lifestyles and the values of their own culture showing their authenticity
Participation fee: 25 USD
How to get visas
The Tourist Visa costs 70 USD.
If your country HAS NO Angolan Embassy, send us an email ( firstname.lastname@example.org) with a copy of your passport.
If you have an Angolan Embassy in your country, to obtain the tourist visa you must present the following documents:
a) Duplicated form fully completed;
b) Two recent color passport photographs, size 4x5cm, with white background;
c) Passport recognized by the Republic of Angola;
d) International Vaccination Card.
e) Photocopy of airfare ticket to the Republic of Angola with return flight;
f) Proof of means of subsistence, under the Article 19 of Law 2/07, of 31 August.
After referring the application for a tourist visa, the Migration and Foreigners Service analyses and communicates the diplomatic and consular mission the final decision. The deadline for grating the tourist visa is five working days from the date of reception. The Diplomatic and Consular Mission issues the tourist visit, after seven working days, in case there is no answer from the Migration Service, must communicate that information within 24 hours.
1. All participants will NEED to have a visa OR a Visa Letter before traveling to Angola.
2. Check whether you country has an Angolan Embassy. If so, you will need to Apply and get a visa endorsement before traveling.
3. Please apply on time. The application process may take more than a week.
NB: No one will be allowed entry without a visa.
SEND all queries and/or passport copies (In case there is no embassy in your country) to:
For more details about the Angola visa please click here
For more details, please contact:
Image: © WSB