LETS REVITALIZE THIS CENTURY OLD TRADITIONAL EVENT CHILDREN BOOK WEEK
Do you know World book day was first celebrated by scouts in 1917. Still in many countire there is a week where people celebrating children books with very interesting programs and activities
In 1917, at the urging of Franklin K. Mathiews, Librarian of the Boy Scouts of America, Children’s Book Week (CBW) was founded to focus attention on the need for quality children’s books and the importance of childhood literacy.
In 1944-1945, Frederick Melcher, then editor of Publishers Weekly, entrusted the responsibility for Children’s Book Week to the newly-established Association of Children’s Book Editors. As this group expanded Book Week activities, it evolved into what is now known as the Children’s Book Council (CBC).
You may have heard of Children’s Book Week in the United States, but did you know that the UK and many countries have a Children’w book week. By the years The dates changed by some countries to a more proper date for their education times but still goes on first or second week of october . We in Turkey celebrate it with a nation wide organizeiton under all national libtaries and private ones
For this event I suggested several activities for my scout friends school teachers who follow my FB page .
1. I made some simple coloring books for preschool children
2. I Made an A3 informational poster
3. I posted s coloring book and posted it on a painting stand in a copycenter window
4. Now I am preparing another one using posters from other years
5. I am following thousands ideas to make this event better.
6. I am searching out websites on internet for activities in other countries
7. I am sure you may have better ideas and my friends in other countries may post what they done on their children book day. It they already celebrated it
You may do and there similar activities ,f you do anything and post it on social media please use #childeenbookdayUSB hash tag. Also may friends may share them on my FB account umit.s.baran Fist group activity from each country who respond with at least 3 activities similar to above mentioned one’s (info and photos are necessary) will receive a special envelope with a postcard and badge from Turkey.
LETS REVİTALİZE THİS TRADİTİONAL EVENT CHİLDREN BOOK WEEK