Better World Tent - 7th Africa Scout Jamboree 2016
After the 23rd World Jamboree Scout in Yamaguchi (Japan), the Africa Scout Day in Accra (Ghana), the Better World Tent asked these suitcases in the beautiful city of Yamoussoukro (Ivory Coast) on the occasion of the 7th Jamboree Africa Scout.
A little more than twenty volunteer came from several National Scout Organizations in the African region (Benin, Burkina Faso, Cameroon, Ivory Coast, Ghana, Kenya, Namibia, Tanzania, Togo and Zimbabwe) and the Europe region (Poland) acted for three days (2016 august 3rd, 5th, 8th ) activities within the Better World Tent.
Discussed to promote, to share experiences and to inspire scouts, young adults and leaders of National Scout Organizations on all the possibilities offered by the various World Scout programs. The ultimate goal has been to increase the social impact of Scouting and to participate in positive change to create a better world.
Therefore, the Better World Tent was organized in various rotary stations (9.00 AM - 12.00 PM/ 2.00 PM - 5.00 PM) and led by one or two volunteers. There has been:
1. Scouts of the World Award (Baskouda Shelley)
2. Messengers of Peace (Murtadhawa El Basan/ Crépin Koné)
3. World Scout Environment Programme (René Bayili)
4. Dialogue for Peace (Grace Michuki)
5. Scouts go Solar (Ester Hilundwa)
6. Foods for Life (Lané Adoni/ Roland Agbessi)
7. U-Report (Ronnie Ayi/ Cédric Nsoa)
8. Global Active Citizenship (Paddington Johannes)
9. Scout.org inscription (Mina/ Henri-Joël Dossou)
10. Quiz card and Origami games (Ronnie Ayi/ Piotr Kowalski/ Magdalena Noszczyk)
Project Coordinator. Marie Louise Ycossié
All this was made possible by the support of the Messengers of Peace Global Projet (MOP Global) and King Abdullah Bin Abdulaziz International Centre for Interreligious and Intercultural (KAICIID).