Network Meeting for Guide and Scout Representatives to National Youth Councils and External Platforms
In order to assist in the implementation of resolution Society 7 adopted at the 8th European Guide and Scout Conference the Europe Region organised a meeting in 1996 for those Scouts and Guides involved in influencing Youth Policy on behalf of their organisations in a National Youth Council and those representing European Guiding or Scouting in the European youth structures. As a result of that first meeting it was decided to organise a similar meeting annually – 2014 will see the 18th meeting.
The aim of the meeting is to strengthen young people’s and youth leaders’ capacity to understand and contribute to the development of youth policies at European and national levels.
The specific objectives are to:
- Create a network of participants sharing ideas on the development of youth policies that affect the lives of young Europeans;
- Provide participants with the knowledge and skills they need to be active in the field of youth policy both at European and national levels, where they can act as multipliers;
- Encourage European co-operation and opportunities to network and develop strategies for mutual support and future partnerships on the main topic;
- Facilitate the transfer of knowledge and experience of representing Guiding and Scouting in national youth platforms and explore the links between the national and international levels;
- Reflect on the role of youth organisations in the development of youth policy at national and European level.
The participants for the meeting should be external representatives of their national Scout/Guide association, i.e. to a National Youth Council (NYC) or to another external platform.
There is no age limit for taking part in the event but it is recommended that associations select participants under the age of 30. We would particularly welcome participants from associations who have not previously participated in a Network Meeting.
Participants should be available for the entire duration of the event and actively commit to be engaged in the network of representatives in the future.
Complete the application form and return it by 10th January 2014 to the WOSM European Regional Office and send by e-mail to email@example.com.
There are no updates for this event
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact Letizia Gambini in the WOSM European Regional Office at firstname.lastname@example.org.