World Scout Seminar on Messengers of Peace 2016, Hungary
National Programme and World Programmes Commissioners, Messengers of Peace team members, collaborators and Scout leaders working on related areas are invited to attend the World Scout Seminar on Messengers of Peace (MoP), from 12–16 October 2016, at the European Youth Centre Budapest in Hungary.
The Seminar will include discussions and updates about the MoP Educational Programme, the MoP Network, Dialogue for Peace Programme, the Better World Framework, and Human Rights and Peace Education work being done in Scouting.
The aim of the Seminar is to gather key Scout leaders of National Scout Organizations (NSOs) and stakeholders from around the world and provide updates on the development of the above-mentioned topics.
• To present and discuss the MoP Programme and Network guidelines for Scouts, and an NSOs’ manual on how to join the global network of service.
• To present and discuss the Dialogue for Peace Programme and Badge developed in partnership with the King Abdullah bin Abdulaziz International Centre for Interreligious and Intercultural Dialogue (KAICIID), including best practices and regional experiences.
• To present and discuss updates on Human Rights and Peace Education within Scouting.
• To understand and explain the relationship between MoP, Dialogue for Peace, World Scout Programmes and the Better World Framework.
• To understand the basic elements of the global network of service and get feedback on how to implement it at the national level.
• To identify strategies to promote Peace Culture, MoP and Dialogue for Peace, and how to support their implementation within the NSOs’ Youth Programme.
Seminar Fee: USD150.00
Date: 12 -16 October 2016
Participants will stay at the European Youth Centre Budapest. Accommodation and meals are included in the participation fee from dinner on 11 October until dinner on 16 October.
We are very excited about this upcoming event and we hope to have a representative from your country, endorsed by your NSO. Only NSO-endorsed participants will be considered.
To register, please fill the online form by 1 September 2016.