NATIONAL GAMES FOR SPECIAL & INCLUSIVE CHILDREN OF FIJI
The Fun & Sports Days are an annual event for all our special students from the Nation and it was held at Lawaqa Park, Sigatoka from Wednesday 13th November to Friday 15th November, 2019 with the theme “Don’t Dis My Ability, This Is Me”. WESTCOSIE also known as the Western Council of Special and Inclusive Educators was the host of this annual event. This event was a milestone for special and inclusive school students because it’s the only national event for these students that they all look forward in participating in sports such as Paralympics, Special Olympics and Deaf Olympics.
The aims of organizing this sports and fun day annually are to:
- Give awareness to the community in regards to the existence of special and inclusive schools.
- Advocate for abilities in disabilities for children with special needs.
- Develop children’s social skills.
- Develop, assess and monitor student’s daily living skills since they will be camping for three nights away from their parents, guardians and care givers.
- Provide opportunities for children to travel and enjoy themselves in a different environment away from home.
As such, there were about 1750 students, 850 parents, 150 teachers and about 100guests and well-wishers present for this 3 day event.