Scouts Leaders Introductory Training Course - Awendo Sub County
This was a training for Scouts Leaders who attended the Sub County Camp.
Purpose of the Course: The purpose of the course is to provide an introductory and overview understanding of “WHAT IS SCOUTING” to the Scouts and Unit Leaders.
Course Objectives: By the end of the course, the Scout Unit Leaders will be able:
- To state and explain the history, aims, fundamental principles and the Methods of Scouting.
- To know the roles, qualities, management skills and codes of ethics desired of a Scouts Leader.
- To know and understand the principles of short term planning in scouting.
- To understand and explain the WOSM and NSO – KSA Organizations Structure.
- To understand on the progressive scheme, unit leader’s trainings and the short term and specialized courses for the Unit Leaders.
- The History of Scouting. (1.5 Hour)
- BP Life History.
- The Origin of Scouting.
- The History of Scouting in Kenya.
- The Aim, Fundamental Principles and Scouting Methods. (1 Hour)
- The Aim and Purpose of Scouting.
- The Scouts Principles.
- The Scout Methods
- Short Term Planning, Budgeting and Reporting. (1 Hour)
- Conducting a Patrol/COH/ Troop/ Unit Meeting.
- Investiture Ceremonies.
- Programme of Activities.
- Roles, Qualities, Management Skills & Codes of ethics of a Unit Leader. (1 Hour)
- Management Skills and Competencies.
- Codes of Conducts and Ethics
- Scout Organization. (1 Hour)
- Scouts/ Patrol/ Troop/ NSO/ KSA – Organization Structure.
- KSA Strategic and Legal Documents.
- Progressive Scheme and the Unit Leader Training (2.5 Hours)
- Scouts Progressive Scheme.
- Unit Leaders Training Schemes.
- Scouts Integrated Programme (Mgnt Skills; Safe From Harm; Messengers of Peace; Disaster, Time e.t.c).