VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT - THE SCOUT ASSOCIATION OF NIGERIA
*POSITION VACANT: NATIONAL EXECUTIVE COMMISSIONER TSAN*
Applications are invited from suitably qualified Scouts for the position of the National Executive Commissioner of The Scout Association of Nigeria.
Interested candidates should possess the following:-
• Must be a graduate of any recognized University.
• Scouting experience and Office Management at International level.
• At least a Woodbadge holder in Scouting
• Experience of working with Scout volunteers.
• Experienced or have strong interest in Scouting operations.
• Highly organized with flexible ability to work across Administrative, Organizational, Advisory and Support tasks.
• Understand the Global Scout Program
• Keen attention to details with strong written and oral communication skills and a high degree of accountability, integrity and creativity.
• Ability to work and cooperate within an International and multicultural framework.
• Strong ability to speak and read in English (knowledge of any foreign language may be an advantage but not a precondition).
• Strong ability to work on computer softwares, proficient in Office 365 packages, online collaborative tools, project tools, etc
> Reports directly to the Chief Commissioner
> Providing Administrative and Practical Support to the operations of the National Scout Board, the National Headquarter Commissioners and the general operations of the NSO.
> Attendance to all National Scout Board and National Commissioners Committee meetings as ex-officio member whenever scheduled.
> Supervise and Coordinate activities of various Departments in the National Scout Office.
> Carry out all communication and other tasks as may be requested by the National Commissioners Committee and the Chief Commissioner.
> Liaise with other National Headquarter Commissioners and provide assistance toward successful execution of various Scouting Programs and events of the NSO as may be required from time to time.
> Support the development and implementation of the NSO's Strategic Action Plans and other policies of the NSO.
> Research and prepare answers for the various issues bordering on the NSOs operations
> Assist the Chief Commissioner in providing support for his operations and carrying out any other duties as may be required by the Chief Commissioner.
> Dynamic, creative and open minded.
> Culturally sensitive, assertive and able to negotiate across cultures.
> Trustworthy and able to deal with confidential information.
> Capable of working with Scout volunteers at National, Zonal and State levels.
> Accuracy and attention to details.
> Capable of meeting tight deadlines and short time frames.
> Willing and able to work long hours during events, during evenings and/or weekends when necessary.
*Terms and Conditions*
¶ The National Executive Commissioner on employment will be based in Abuja, Lagos or Benin as may be decided.
¶ Shall be a full time employee with two (2) years contract, renewable for another fixed term subject to satisfactory performance and funding ability.
¶ Contractual hours of work shall be 40 hours per week, Monday to Friday. However, additional time may be required for the effective performance of the role for which there will be no additional remuneration.
¶ Successful candidate must be willing to work during the evenings and on weekends when necessary for which reasonable time off in lieu may be given.
¶ The National Executive Commissioner will be entitled to 10 days of Leave per annum, prorated to the duration of the contract and public holidays as applicable in Nigeria.
The offer of appointment will be subject to
* 2 Satisfactory References
* Verification of relevant qualifications
* Confirmation of eligibility and availability to work in either Abuja, Lagos or Benin.
Application should be forwarded to firstname.lastname@example.org not later than 27th October, 2019 and should include :-
1. Curriculum Vitae.
2. Application letter stating particular interest and motivations for applying for the job.
3. Contact information of two (2) Referees who can provide employment references.
4. A recent Coloured passport photograph.
Only shortlisted candidates shall be invited for interview at a date and venue to be announced
Dr. Chukwujekwu Ibe LT
Secretary NEC Selection Committee