FINAL REPORT ON PHASE 1 OF WE NEED OXYGEN (365 days)
OBJECTIVE: TO SPREAD PEACE BY PLANTING TREES
(Scouts of the World Award - World Scout Environment Programme)
Action on SUSTAINABLE DEVELOPMENT GOALS
13 - Climate action & 15 - Life on Land
“Nature study is the key activity in Scouting and Guiding.” - Baden Powell
We are working to save our environment by growing tree saplings from seeds to fully grown trees.
We are happy to submit our final report of WE NEED OXYGEN (Phase – 1)
Work done in this Project:-
- We collected fresh seeds from the ground in our nearby trees (school, park, etc.,)
- Collected fertilized soil from nearby NGOs.
- Started seeding and monitoring daily.
- Daily maintenance activities of watering and cleaning the sapling area.
- After the sapling grows up to 3 - 5 feet we planted that in the nearby school, lake, pond, park etc.
- We distributed this sapling to the nearby Groups / Crew people (Scouts / Rovers) to maintain and give back to our world.
- We distributed the fully grown trees to the NGOs and Public to plant the trees in their residencies
- Rearranged the pots for the next batch of seeding
- Planted 1 tree saplings in our own campus by the head master of our school.
No. of Plants
> We sowed 678 seeds, 339 pots containing 2 seeds each.
> Grown 339 saplings, one in each pot
> Distributed the saplings to NGOs.
> Maintaining 24 Trees by Fencing, Watering, Cleaning Daily Etc.
SERVICE HOUR CALCULATION
NO OF PARTICIPANTS: 18 + 1 (daily 6 Scouts / Rovers / Myself)
NO OF HOURS: 1 hour daily
NO OF DAYS: 366 DAYS
TOTAL SERVICE HOURS: 2562 (7*1*366 = 2562)