Research was conducted to find out about SCOUTS South Africa:
• SA parents’ awareness and do they have an understanding of what it involves and offers and relevance today?
• What motivates a child/parent(s) to become a member of SSA (barriers & drivers)?
• Identify currently met needs and unmet needs/opportunities of SSA?
• Explore the competitive environment of SSA. How can SSA “win” from its competition and how can they differentiate themselves?
• Understand if any challenges exist in terms of the way the SSA organisation is structured and managed.
7 In-depth interviews, 281 interviews with current Cub and Scout parents, 106 interviews with parents where the Cub or Scout has left the Movement and 162 interviews with parents with no involvement in the Movement.
The research result is a 85 page report.