2017-2020 World Scout Committee Elected
The 41st World Scout Conference today elected the 12 members of the World Scout Committee (WSC), the executive body of the World Organization of the Scout Movement (WOSM).
Hailing from the six WOSM Regions around the world, the newly-elected members are:
• Mr Mehdi Ben Khelil (Tunisia)
• Mr Peter Blatch (Australia)
• Mr Edward Andrew “Andy” Chapman (United States of America)
• Mr Jo Deman (Belgium)
• Mr Janaprith Salinda Fernando (Sri Lanka)
• Mr Ilyas Ismayilli (Azerbaijan)
• Ms Sarah Rita Kattan (Lebanon)
• Mr Leonardo Morales Morales (Costa Rica)
• Ms Pia Melin Mortensen (Denmark)
• Ms Jemima Nartemle Nartey (Ghana)
• Mr Juan Reig (Spain)
• Mr Craig Turpie (United Kingdom)
The names of the new Chairperson and Vice-Chairperson will be selected from among the 12 members and announced tomorrow. These new WSC members will replace the outgoing WSC members who will finish their term at the end of the Conference on 18 August 2017.
For next three years, the WSC will implement the resolutions of the World Scout Conference and act on its behalf between its meetings. It is composed of Voting members and ex-officio non-voting members.
The WSC normally meets twice a year, while its Steering Committee, consisting of the Chairperson, two Vice-Chairpersons and the Secretary General, meets as needed.