Breaking the corona virus chain
Breaking the corona virus chain
Corona virus has been recognised as a pandemic by the World Health Organization.
Being virus it hard to combat it. As of now there is no cure to this virus. Various nations are on a hunt to find a vaccine for the virus. This includes Israel making a vaccine and Usa successfully testing a vaccine on animals.
Any and every disease can be identified by its symptoms. Similarly corona virus too has symptoms. But a infected person may need about 1-14 days to show major symptoms.The symptoms of this virus are:-
- Fever: this involves gradual rise in body temperature.This is seen often accompanied by tiredness. This makes the person less active than usual.It is the most common symptom.
- In elderly people who are suffering with respiratory problems it can be identified by the coming of asthma and other related complications. But this only occurs in old people.
- Cough: this leads to chest pain. If not that the cough will not be accompanied by mucus leading to dry cough. This in turn might lead to cold and other further complications.
The treatment to this disease is still unknown. It has affected a large number of people and has affected major regions of the world. This lead to nations leading to a complete lockdown. This has lead to minimal economic activities and lead people to maintain social distancing. The society has to remain in complete isolation in order to prevent the spread of this virus. The long term effect of the virus is reconstructing the economy and the lives of people .
But there is something what we can do and that is taking precautions.
This ensures protecting ourselves from the disease and taking required steps to protect ourselves. The following precautions can be taken to prevent the spread of the virus:-
- Stay at home: this ensures that people are not coming in contact with people who might be infected. It helps maintain social distancing and helps contain the spread of the diseases.
- Maintain a safe distance: when we have to go out to bring essential goods we must ensure that there is distance between people. This ensures the disease does not get transmitted from one person to another to a great extent.
- Wash your hands : we are supposed to wash our hands before eating food or after coming from outside. We should wash our hands with soap or alcohol based sanitizer for about 20 seconds.
- Cover your cough: this involves preventing person to person transmission. When an infected person coughes the nearby person is tend to be affected. Hence we must cover our cough with our elbow or with masks.
The Government of India has taken strict measures in order to prevent the spread of the virus and to support the weaker sections of the society. It has imposed a 21 day lockdown which will last until 14 April 2020 . Along with this it has extended the payments of essential services. It is trying to increase the medical infrastructure by using funds and also providing medical aid to the infected.
The above mentioned information is essential for every one to know as it will help prevent the spread of the virus and create the required awareness among people.
#goodturn #stayathome #21daylockdown #fightcovid19 #bsgindia #sankalpbyscoutguide