ZERO TO STREAM '19 SCOUT CAMP
A Pina scouting Club from İzmir, Turkey
we had traditional "ZERO" camp again this year and for that one, we were zero to "STREAM". Kargı Stream, taking place in Yanıklar Villiage and close to Fethiye. We were in a great valley, zero to stream, close to sea, in the forest. Great geography. ,...
4 sub camp named Pergamon, Letoon, Afrodisias and Hierapolis, coordinated by 4 senior scouts.. this year is jamboree year and the sub camp names at jamboree were choosen from the list of places which were unesco cultural heritage. So we choosed our sub camp names similarly from that list, which were taken place in Aegen region, close to us.
In camp, there were one more trainings, activities such as;
1) Countries / Cultural day activity
2) Brownsea island program( fire, knots, fleur de lis, mottos, ...)
3) camp sinema, let'S know competition, costume ball, camp fire programmes..
4) Opening and closing, award ceremonies
5) 3 different scout racecourses acted 3 afternoon...
6) 3 different scout games between subcamps in early mornings
7) Learning 10 higher knots and its competition
8) Visit to Fethiye centre, museum.
9) Orienteering, direction trainings and competition with maps
10) Making small sail boats and competition by blowing and candles
11) pilates, personal fitness and rhytem
12) survival, crossing from streams / water resaurces in differen conditions
13) ebru art on cloth and with them and badges, making backpack
14) treasure hunt
15) rescue trainings and competition in water, swimming exams
16) swimming in stream, pool and sea
17) tournaments of jenga and memory game
18) A special boat tour on sea at Göcek, visiting 12 islands, and Göcek centre
19) Morning inspections every day
20) buildng da vinci bridge and monkey bridge
well done scouts who achieved to complete that camp.. see you next year again. it is surprise to where we wil be zero