" Scouts' Leadership Training: "Leading by Example!
125 Senior Scouts of Bhutan were trained for 21 days. This prestigious Training was conducted under the under the Royal Command as His Majesty, The King is the Chief Patron of Bhutan Scouts Association. The Training focuses on the following areas:
1. Physical development: Consists of physical exercise like Aerobics, Runs, Games, etc.
2. Spiritual component: Consists of activities like understanding Basic Spiritual practices/rituals, obtaining “Lung” for simple daily prayers, taking one day vows, mindful living and reflections on how to begin and end the day.
3. Personal development: Consists of components on life skills, culture and age old traditions and values.
4. Adventure component: Consists of program on disaster risk reduction and preparedness, fire fighting techniques, first aid, rock climbing, rafting and rappelling.
5. Intellectual development: Consists of organization of quiz, debates and guests lectures on selected topics.
6. Social service, volunteerism and civic responsibility: Promoted through organization of community service and other voluntary social service program to adjoining areas or institutions.
7. Leisure Component: Consist of program such as camp fires and cultural activities.
The Training is organized at the Military Training Centre, Tencholing, Wangduephodrang in collaboration with the Office of His Majesty's Secretariat and Bhutan Scouts, Department of Youth & Sports, Ministry of Education for a duration of three weeks.
100 new profiles were created. Better world framework was introduced and participants were oriented on World Scout Environment Programme, Messengers of Peace and Scouts of the World Award.
Participants- 125 Scouts
Resource Persons/Instructors: 70
Duration- 21 days
Service Hours- 8 hours per day with one hour lunch and 15 Minutes tea break.
There were no off days during the entire duration of the Training. Scouts had to get up at 5:00 in the morning and go to bed at 10:00 PM.