Swachha Bharat Summer Internship (SBSI) Program 2018
“Be the change you want to see in the world.” (Mahatma Gandhi)
According to a survey, over 26 million people in India defecate in the open. Around 60 percent of Indians do not have access to safe and private toilets. Such overwhelming majority of those without access to sanitation facilities poses a formidable obstacle in the development of the nation.
In this backdrop, Prime Minister Sri Narendra Modi started the Swachh Bharat Abhiyan or Clean India Mission to address the challenges of water, sanitation, and hygiene on October 2, 2014 at Rajghat in New Delhi. This flagship program of the Union government aims to realize the dream of a Clean India by October 02, 2019, the 150th birth anniversary of Mahatma Gandhi. Thus his clarion call on 2nd October 2014 for each individual to devote at least 100 hours of Swachhata through the year in rural areas, the Ministry of Human Resource Development in association with the Ministry of Drinking Water & Sanitation has launched the Swachha Bharat Summer Internship – ‘100 hours of Swachhata’
The aims of the program is –
(1) To develop the skill and orientation of youth for sanitation related work
(2) To bring youth across the country an opportunity to make a significant contribution to the Swachhata Revolution.
(3) To integrate youth in the community service in rural areas in the run up to the 150th Birth Day Anniversary of Mahatma Gandhi.
After getting the letter from National Head Quarter, Bharat Scouts & Guides, New Delhi, our Rovers & Rangers of Bharat Scouts & Guides Unit of Bargaon ITI are excited to devote their 100 hours for Swachhata. For this, we made a team of 10 Rovers & Rangers and selected 25 (Twenty Five) rural slums, villages or different places in the tribal district of Sundargarh. The Rovers & Rangers visited each area for 4 hours and aware people on Swachhata.
During the program they did the following activities.
(1) Cultural Program on Swachha Bharat Awareness
(2) Distributing leaflet & inviting people
(3) Visiting each & every house and organizing meeting
(4) Mass Meeting & Pledge Ceremony
(5) Rally with Public Addressing System