SEMINAR WORKSHOP ON GOVERNMENT OPERATIONS
A total of Two Hundred Fourteen (214) Local Council Scout Executives/Officers-in-Charge (CSEs/OICs), Finance Officers/Bookkeepers/ Accountants/Registration Officers or 92% of the Two Hundred Forty (240) targetted participants were trained.
The SWGO aims to:
1. To equip the Local Council Scout Executives (CSEs) and managers with the knowledge and skills to comply with government laws, policies, rules and regulations; and
2. To train Local Council Finance Officers/Bookkeepers and Accountants on government budgeting, audit, procurement (RA 9184), RA 6713 and EO 203.
Sessions on government accounting and auditing rules and regulations, financial reporting system, the Compensation and Positions Classification System (CPCS) for GOCCs, personnel policies, rules and other pertinent government issuances for GOCCs were presented by the resource speakers through lectures/presentation/ group discussions/workshops and exchange of ideas and case studies.
Over-all, the SWGO was evaluated by the participants to have substantially achieved its goals and objectives in terms of equipping the target participants with the knowledge and skills to comply with government accounting and auditing rules and regulations, financial reporting, CPCS, personnel policies, rules and regulations and other pertinent government issuances for GOCCs.
The participants were grateful to the WOSM-APR and the BSP for conducting the SWGO and confirmed that it is a felt-need of all the Councils to enable them to comply with government rules and regulations. They also expressed confidence that their learnings from the seminar-workshop will greatly help and guide them in running their Councils as required by the aforementioned rules and regulations; that while at first glance these rules and regulations seem hard and difficult, these will better prepare the Councils to comply with the requirements of COA when audit is conducted in their respective Councils.
It was also heartening to note that the participants have committed themselves to do their utmost best in complying with the aforementioned government rules and regulations: faithfully accomplishing the required report forms, using the forms required in preparing their Council budgets, disbursement of funds and financial reporting, on-time submission of reports, compliance to employee benefits and rights, enhancement of Council record and filing systems for the BSP to achieve its goals and objectives.
The BSP in cooperation with the WOSM-APR Support Centre and Messengers of Peace (MoP)-Support Fund conducted a series of Seminar-Workshops on Government Operations (SWGOs) for the following Scouting Regions; viz:
1. Ilocos Region/Northeastern Luzon Region/Central Luzon Region, 4-8 April 2017 @ the Highland Villa, Hotel & Resto, Baguio City
2. Southern Tagalog Region/Bicol Region, 26-30 April 2017 @ Makiling National Scout Reservation, Mt. Makiling, Los
3. Eastern Mindanao Region/Western Mindanao Region, 5-9 June 2017 @ Malagos Scout Camp, Malagos, Davao City
4. National Capital Region, Eastern Visayas/Western Visayas Region, 19-23 June 2017 @ Capitol Hills Scout Camp, Cebu City