Apply for The Verb COP20 Team
Take a look at this opportunity from The Verb!
"The Verb is looking for contributors and would love your help in finding them. The deadline to apply for our COP20 team is quickly approaching, but there's still time to apply! The Verb is a newswire focused on telling the stories that matter, for now, the environment. The team comes from over 17 countries and a range of different professions - not just journalists or environmental professionals! In addition to producing unique content that mainstream media are often unable to, we provide a professional development program for our contributors.
We are looking for people to join us in an ongoing fashion, and also specifically to join us in Lima, Peru for the next round of the UN climate change negotiations (COP20).
You can find out more here.
We don’t have a model candidate, but here are some things that you may be:
- A student or young professional under the age of thirty, from anywhere in the world
- Interested in environmental issues, international relations or the media/communication spaces, but not necessarily overly qualified or experienced on all three areas
- Ready to be challenged and challenge others in a professional learning context
- Able to dedicate at least three hours a week to The Verb
- (If applying to work with us in Lima) present in Lima between November 28 - December 14
If this sounds like you or someone you know, join us: www.bit.ly/joinverb
Everyone at The Verb is a volunteer, and we’re unable to offer direct financial assistance but may be able to help through other means.
If this doesn’t sound like you, we’d really appreciate it if you could pass on the application through your networks, and to people you know who may be interested. We have a nominal deadline of 31 August.
If you or your publication (traditional, online or otherwise) are interested in syndicating our content please contact Linh Do directly."