Over 14'000 Scouts at the Permanent Mini Jamboree this year!
What would the Permanent Mini Jamboree be without all of the Scouts and Guides coming to visit and create magic together? A total of 14,605 people from 44 different countries have been to KISC this summer – Living BP's Dream at Kandersteg International Scout Centre together.
The grills has been sizzling, as we’ve had a grand total of 4'449 people eating at our Messengers of Peace BBQ’s.
That means 8'900 CHF collected in total. 4'000 of these were donated to the Solidarity fund for the World Scout Moot in Iceland, giving more Scouts the possibility of going to the World Scout Moot. The rest was donated to foodKIND, an organization providing food and compassion to refugeees. 4'900 CHF which represents about 8600 meals for people in crisis areas.
- 4'522 Scouts have been singing and dancing at our International Campfires.
- 830 people has travelled around the world with the help of games, in our Race the World activities.
- The Sport’s field has been decorated with some amazing wooden structures, when 173 Scouts have participated in our Pioneering competition.
- Sharing cultures and country traditions is a big part of the KISC life! Our International Evenings has gathered as many as 2'298 Scouts!
- The line in our shop has been long, and it must have been hot out since about 2'530 ice creams have been sold.
- All of this wouldn’t be possible without the heroes dressed in Pink and Green. In total, our Staff team has been formed by 73 Pinkies and a whole bunch of Helpers dressed in green!
Thanks for a wonderful Summer 2017!