Panama, home to the Interamerican Scout Committee meeting
The World Scout Bureau - Interamerican Region, located in the City of Knowledge, Panama, again became home to the Interamerican Scout Committee meeting.
From Friday June 7, very early, began arriving Committee members and special guests to this important meeting.
On Saturday 8, once assembled, the official photo was taken of this meeting, at the foot of the scout flag waving outside the building 172 of the City of Knowledge. Then the Chairman of ISC, Michael Bradshaw, presented the purple scarf to Paulo Velazquez, a colaborator of World Scout Bureau - Interamerican Region, in the Direction of Adults in Scouting, same used by the World Scout Committee members, Regional Scout Committee, staff of the World Scout Bureau Central Office (Geneva) and 6 regional offices and colaborators of each of these bodies.
It was when the meeting began in the main hall of the Regional Office. Throughout the day were addressed various issues of great importance to the Interamerican Region, including:
• 25th. Interamerican Scout Conference, Argentina 2013.
• II Interamerican Scout Moot, Brazil 2013 - 2014.
• Budget 2013-2014
• Report on activities and progress in the World Scout Bureau - Interamerican Region
• Report of the Youth Network
• Report of the Sub Committees Governance and Communications
• New regional policies of Youth Programme, Adults in Scouting, Youth Participation and Institutional Development.
• Relocation of the Central Office.
• Global Support
• Interamerican Scout Foundation
• 14 ° Interamerican Scout Jamboree and 1st Interamerican Scout Camporee, Colombia 2013.
On Sunday September the meeting concluded, before lunch.
It was a very productive meeting that was attended by the following people: Michael Bradshaw, Chairman, Fernando Brodeschi, 1st. Vice Chairman, Kent Clayburn 2nd. Vice Chairman, Leonardo Morales, Rafe Lucado, Gilberto Mendoza, Humphrey Shurman, Diego Ospina and Oswaldo Navas, all members of the Interamerican Scout Committee. It also had the presence of Dan Ownby, World Scout Committee member, Jose Antonio Hernandez, Chairman of the Interamerican Scout Foundation, Alex Killby, Interamerican Youth Network Communicator and Janine Halverston, Team Leader of International Division of the Boy Scouts of America, all of them as special guests.
Also present were the executives of the World Scout Bureau - Interamerican Region: Mauricio Veayra, Youth Programme, José Gabriel Criollo, Institutional Development, and Ralph Dillmann, Adults in Scouting as well as the Regional Director Raul Sanchez Vaca.