Vacancy: Accountant - Temporary Employment (6 Months)
Location: Nairobi, Kenya
Concept of the Position
The Accountant on Temporary Employment is to provide support to the Director of Administration & Finance by maintaining financial records and preparing periodic financial / accounting reports; developing and maintaining a filing system for World Scout Bureau Africa Regional Office (WSB-ARO) financial and administration activities; and establishing a documentation system for stores, stationery materials, inventory of properties and other administrative matters.
• Maintain petty cash book and vouchers.
• Maintain chequebooks and payment vouchers.
• Ensure that office/project disbursements are supported by the necessary documentation.
• Responsible for inputting/booking all financial data / transactions.
• Prepare monthly bank, debtors and creditors reconciliations and resolve any discrepancies.
• Reconcile and submit monthly, the inter office account and the accounting file.
• Assist the Head of Finance & Administration in preparing the monthly payroll.
• Prepare financial reports for Africa Scout Foundation and all projects.
• Liaise with internal & external auditors on semi-annual reviews and annual audit. Prepare final accounts and audit schedules.
• Undertake with the supervision of the Head of Finance, WSB-ARO’s procurement (logistics), follow up, and complete all formalities and custom clearance.
• Supervise the Scout shop and the update of relevant records.
• Keep up to date records and ensure that all equipment are labelled and well maintained.
• Ensure that all statutory and others lawful staff deductions are effected on a timely basis.
• Ensure that procurement procedures for office equipment and supplies are followed up.
• Ensures that the relevant information and records are readily made available to the programme staff.
• Ensures proper maintenance of office equipment and availability of office supplies.
• Ensures that staff leave forms are correctly filled, approved and filed and that outstanding days are correct.
• Support the Front desk officer in preparing VAT exemptions.
• Perform such other tasks as may be allocated by the Head of Finance & Administration.
Qualifications and Personal profile
• Holder of a CPA or ACCA qualification with two years’ experience. A Bachelor of Commerce Degree with Accounting Option may be accepted with a minimum of two-year experience.
• Good organisational skills and ability to manage data and information and to prepare accounts and/or financial reports.
• Ability to communicate fluently in English and ability to communicate in a second language (preferably French) will be an advantage.
All application should be sent to email@example.com by 19 July 2016.