Ensuring a Future for Scouting in Africa
To promote the growth of Scouting and support more young people in Africa to gain knowledge, develop skills and attitudes through quality educational programmes towards creating a better world by continuous accumulation of capital fund.
To achieve this mission, the foundation pursues the following objectives:
1. To contribute to the general budget and sustainability of the World Scout Bureau Africa Support Centre
2. To contribute to the strategic goal of making Scouting the world’s leading educational youth movement, enabling 100 million young people to be active citizens creating positive change in their communities and in the world based on shared values.
3. To win support for the movement in Africa by raising awareness on the role of Scouting in the lives of young people and society as a whole.
The following are the strategic priorities of the Africa Scout Foundation
1. To mobilize financial resources, material and technical support available in Africa and beyond for the bene t of Scouting.
2. To develop partnerships and harness individual and corporate support from friends of Scouting in and outside Africa
3. To develop partnerships and harness individual and corporate support from friends of Scouting in and outside Africa
4. To sensitize the society on the role of the Foundation in supporting growth and development of Scouting in Africa.
5. To recruit, properly manage and frequently update members of the Foundation on its progress.
The ambition of the Foundation is to endow Scouting in Africa with funds of a minimum target of US$ 1,000,000 by 2023 through the World Scout Bureau Africa Support Centre in Nairobi.
There are three types of membership categories; Individual, Corporate and Scout Association. In each category, a provision has been made for members to grow in a four-stage system starting from Bronze, Silver, Gold to Platinum.
Although Bronze is the starting point for each of the categories, it does not mean that a member must start from Bronze. One is free to enter from any of the stages. However, the ranks allow for gradual contributions with the highest being the platinum membership. The fee is a one time off payment. Members who wish to make contributions above and beyond the category payments are also welcome to do so.
Why Join the Africa Scout Foundation?
By joining the Africa Scout Foundation in one of the membership categories:
1. You will have assisted the Foundation to achieve its mission of supporting the growth and development of Scouting in Africa;
2. You will be registered in the appropriate membership category in the Foundation;
3. You will receive your certificate of membership and other benefits commensurate with that category
Please send your contributions to any of these accounts:
Account Name: World Organization of the Scout Movement
Bank Name: CFC STANBIC BANK LTD
Account Number: 0100000199146
Branch: Upper Hill Medical Centre
SWIFT Code: SBICKENX
Bank Address: P.O. Box 2492-00200 Nairobi, Kenya
Account Name: Africa Scout Foundation
Bank Name: Banque UBS S.A
Account Number: 240 396 337 64B USD
IBA: CH90 0024 0240 3963 3764B
SWIFT (BIC): UBSWCHZH80A
Bank Address: CH-1211 Geneva 2, Switzerland