Good Governance and Triennial Planning workshop
From the 9 - 12 January 2017, the Secretary General designate, representatives from World and Regional Scout Committees, World and Regional Youth Advisors and World Scout Bureau staff gathered at the Global Support Centre in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia for the Good Governance and Triennial Planning workshop.
Organised and facilitated by the Strategy Monitoring Group, the workshop aimed to:
- define the objectives for the next Triennium
- recap the Strategy for Scouting (Vision 2023)
- understand global and regional perspectives by reviewing the achievements and challenges faced in each of the Regions towards achieving Vision 2023
- discuss ways to get more recognition as the leading educational youth movement
- support National Scout Organizations in creating impact in local communities
- improve our internal and external communications
- improve good governance & innovate our decision-making
Inputs gathered from 50 key leaders throughout the workshop contributed to the creation of the draft proposal for the 2017-2020 Triennial Plan, which will help to define our path for the upcoming Triennium.