The NSO Data Portal is your one-stop platform to find all the information from NSO gathered from scout.org, the World Scouting Directory, WOSM Services, and the Scout Donation Platform. This support page provides some information to key contacts of National Scout Organizations (NSOs) on how to navigate and use the platform.
Data privacy reminder!
Data privacy in WOSM is very important. It is the NSO Admins responsibility to seek agreement on adding any personal details to the Directory and respect all information for Scouting purposes only.
Your Role as NSO Admin
The NSO Data Portal will make it much easier for NSOs to submit their Annual Reporting to WOSM. Most importantly, NSOs will be able to submit, consult and export historical membership census data, visually track policy documents, GSAT information, membership trends right on your screen and more! This is why your role as key contact of your NSO is so important to be the admin for the NSO Data Portal!
- Ensuring the annual reporting package submission
- Keep up to date your NSO Dashboard
Accessing the Data Portal
The NSO Data Portal is built into multiple modules or widgets such as:
- Census: displays historical data, shows membership reports, the export of data, and new census submissions.
- Good standing: shows if the NSO/NSA is in good standing with WOSM
- Reporting compliance: shows the percentage of compliance (from 0 to 100 percent), and also shows what has been submitted and those that are missing.
- Annual Reporting: where you’ll find and update the Annual Report and Annual Financial Statement.
- Constitution: it shows if WOSM acknowledged receipt of your NSO constitution, and also indicates the year it was approved by WOSM, keeping an up-to-date record of constitutions worldwide.
- Policy Documents: allows you to identify the status of policy documents within your organization.
- GSAT: shows any GSAT Self-Assessment, WOSM Assessment, and GSAT Audit completed, along with the results and dates. This is only visible to users with the appropriate view roles within your NSO.
- Projects: shows the total number of open WOSM service requests your NSO has requested, from Under Review to Evaluation status, and the total number of projects the NSO has approved on the Scout Donation Platform.
Red Flag system
NSOs are encouraged to keep their information updated. To help you do so, we have developed a red flag system that will help you to see if any documents are missing if they are outdated and track when the information was last updated.
Learn how to navigate the NSO Data Portal, use its key functions, and preform your NSO Admin role. It is important to review and keep your NSO information up to date!
Need Further Support?
Regional support person for the NSO Data Portal
Please contact your Regional support person, or message firstname.lastname@example.org for support!
Africa - Anne Leparan
Arab - Rihab Abdelwahab
Asia-Pacific – Neil Bolandrina
Eurasia – Alona Popova
Europe - Rupert Schildböck
Interamerica - Alfredo Musse