Beginning from 16th October to 18th October, 2020 annual Jamboree-on-the-Air and Jamboree-on-the-Internet (JOTA-JOTI) was held where 2-4 million young people participated from over 157 countries. It was a great experience involving fun & educational activities and a platform to connect with fellow members from all over the world. The entire programme was subdivided into following legends:
1. Amateur Radio Hub: Here we were able to discover the world of wireless radio through which we were able to connect with Scouts from every corner of the world.
2. Celebration Arena: To celebrate the achievements and unique milestones of people in our movement.
3. Chat room: Through this we were able to talk to different people all over the world over variety of topics.
4. Fun zone: Containing trivia, quizzes and Spotify playlists
5. International Campfire: Here we were able to get the campfire experiences from different parts of the world.
6. Internet Radio Station: Official JOTA-JOTI 2020 live broadcast of music and discussions on various topics.
7. Jampuz: Various games which we could play with people all around the world by using JIDs allotted to us.
8. JOTA-JOTI HQ: Place to learn all about JOTA-JOTI
9. JOTA-JOTI Live: Place where all the updates were shared and hosts interviewed scouts around the world.
10. Knowledge lab: Learn about community development, SDGs and the role we can play in shaping the future.
11. Leaders site: Space for scout leaders to get more information & resources on JOTA-JOTI.
12. Reflection office: Feedback & surveys area
13. Safety centre: The place where you can get to know everything about online safety and e-learning training.
14. Visuals & Assets: Graphics which can be shared on social media were available here.
15. World Scout Shop: Any merchandise or other products were available for purchase from here.
16. Youth Got Talent Stage: A platform for youth to showcase their talents in cooking, singing etc.
17. Challenge Valley- The most exciting place where participants were able to choose from 10 challenges for which they had to participate in different games and watch live shows.
The event also saw a number of special guests like Bear Grylls (Chief Ambassador of World Scouting) and Sacha Dench (Conservationist). The Challenges offered us chance to earn digital badges like advocacy, health & wellbeing, SDGs etc. in which all 10 badges was earned by me by participating in all the required events and quizzes. I also got the opportunity to earn Be safe Online certificate by participating in their tutorial followed by a quiz. Also, the hosts of the live shows out great efforts in keeping those shows entertaining and engaging as well.
In all, it was a great learning and bonding experience as it was a big opportunity to learn, observe and absorb the learnings, ways and cultures of people all around the world.