Open Call: Application for BSA’s 2020 International Camp Staff Programme
The Boy Scouts of America (BSA) is pleased to announce the open call for applications for its 2020 International Camp Staff Programme.
Each year, the BSA invites Scouts and Scout leaders ages 18 to 30 from around the world to come to the United States and spend the summer as an International Camp Staff member of a BSA summer camp or Cub Scout day camp. The days are long and hard. But the trip and what Scouts will see and do can be an exciting time of their lives.
As a camp staff member, selected Scouts will
- Spend 8 to 11 weeks as a member of the staff of a BSA summer camp in the United States
- Make friends with Scouts from another country
- Receive free food and lodging while in camp
- Teach BSA Scouts about Scouting and life in your country
- Learn about another National Scout Organization/Association
- Live in another culture
- Improve your English language skills
To be a camp staff member, the Scouts must
- Be interviewed and approved by their respective National Scout Organization/Association
- Be a member of a National Scout Organization/Association and between the ages of 18 and 30
- Be able to speak English well enough to instruct Scouts in skills. Scouts must be able to provide results of an English language test or signed document from an academic institution or English language school
- Provide a copy of your valid passport
- Be able to teach Scouting skills to Scouts in a summer camp programme
- Be available for at least 6 weeks beginning in June
- Agree to live by the culture and laws of the United States and by the BSA code of conduct
Interested applicants are requested to fill out the application documents attached below and send all completed to the International Department S340, Boy Scouts of America, 1325 West Walnut Hill Lane, P.O. Box 152079, Irving, TX 75015-2079, USA or to firstname.lastname@example.org, being sure that all documents are password protected.
For more details, you may visit their website at https://www.scouting.org/international/icamp/.