Scout Advaith.s of 190 KOZHIKODE SCOUT TROOP of Chinmaya Vidyalaya E.M.H.S.S., Calicut is granted premission to conduct various activities with respect to the topic Combat HIV/AIDS as part of the syllabus for Rashtrapathi Award Test for 6 months from 1-10-16 to 31-3-17 in the field area of CHERUPA UNIT.
Later, a schedule was prepared to execute the six month community development project. The schedule is as follows:
* October - Survey the houses in Cheroopa locality.
* November - Conduct awareness class for the families.
* December - Create awareness on communicable and non- communicable diseases.
* January - Participate in the cleaning and service programmes.
* February- Conduct awareness programme to prevent waterborne and other kind of diseases
* March - Conduct awareness class for diabetic patients
We successfully completed the activities that we decided to implement as per the schedule. We were successful in creating awareness among the people of Cheroopa. It's only beacuse of the guidance of officers and co-operation of residents of Cheroopa that we are able to complete this project successfully. The survey report was submitted to the Administration officer and we were appreciated by them for our activities.